Friday, April 13, 2012

The First Tour of 2012

Greetings, Citizens of Cyberspace.

It's been a good while since my last entry, and a lot has happened. I'll spare you most of the details, but my wife and I had our first child at 4:01 a.m. on Friday, February 24th. His name is Keenan Elliot. Here he is sleeping (errrr, listening intently) at one of my shows last month:


Keenan and my wife were all set to come out with me for this tour until yesterday, when we found out that Keenan has to have his hips checked out (he was a breech baby, and may need some hip alignment help) next Thursday. It's probably not a big deal. Apparently it's something that they are okay waiting a week to check out, but not okay waiting two weeks for. Anyway, thanks to a grandparent making a round trip to pick them up, Keenan and the wife will be around for the latter 2/3 of the tour. Maybe you can meet the baby if you come out to a show.

I usually do about 15 shows a month on average, but as of Wednesday, I've only done 16 shows this entire year. The number of total shows on the year will almost double during this tour, though, as I will be doing 15 shows in 13 days. I would have done 17 in those same 13 days, if it weren't for a pair of late cancellations.

Another big addition that has joined us in the meantime is my new set of tour wheels. I'm still excited about this vehicle, the Jetta Sportwagen:


We made a trip all the way to Karen Radley VW in the Washington, DC area, because we got such a good deal on this bad boy. And we were in Pittsburgh for the holidays, so it wasn't as bad as driving straight from Nashville. I told the folks at Karen Radley that I didn't really think I'd have a chance to refer anyone to them since we didn't live in the area, but that I'd spread the word if I could. I guess I'm doing that now. They beat the other prices we found by a longshot, so much so that I didn't hesitate with the decision to make the trip out there to pick it up. This model has a diesel engine, and as you already know, I'm a fuel economy nut. With the recently retired Chevy Malibu Maxx, I was averaging somewhere around 32 or 33 mpg per tour. I expect to get around 45 mpg with the new set of wheels. I definitely won't have to stop for fuel as often, which will be nice.

Okay, without further ado, here is the show schedule for my first tour of 2012! This tour is a bit smaller than normal, because I was trying to figure out how to make it so that our whole family could make the trip. The dates:


Monday, 4/16: The Trolley Stop - Dayton, OH
Tuesday, 4/17: Refuge Coffee Bar - Cincinnati, OH
Wednesday, 4/18: Mercyhurst University - North East, PA
Thursday, 4/19: Cadillac Ranch - Pittsburgh, PA
Friday, 4/20: Coffeehouse at Mill Creek - Ligonier, PA
Saturday, 4/21: Giant Eagle Market District Cafe - Bethel Park, PA
Saturday, 4/21: (Later That Evening) Pizza Siena - Greensburg, PA
Sunday, 4/22: North Country Brewing Company - Slippery Rock, PA
Monday, 4/23: CCAC Boyce Campus - Monroeville, PA
Tuesday, 4/24: CCAC West Hills - Oakdale, PA
Wednesday, 4/25: Backstage Bar at Theatre Square - Pittsburgh, PA
Wednesday, 4/25: (Later That Evening) Arsenal Lanes - Pittsburgh, PA
Thursday, 4/26: The Map Room - Pittsburgh, PA
Friday, 4/27: Cannon Coffee - Pittsburgh, PA
Saturday, 4/28: Beaver Falls Coffee and Tea - Beaver Falls, PA


Hopefully I'll see you soon. Please spread the word, and check back soon as the updates finally start again for 2012.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home