Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Latest Newsletter - Spring Tour and Acting Debut!(?)

MadMimi Banner 4

First Things First

Welcome to the first Newsletter of 2014! Some of you may have caught some hints at some exciting news recently . . . news that I was waiting to unveil at the right time. When I was 8 or 9 years old, I took a survey in school with the rest of my classmates. In retrospect, I think that the point of this exercise was to get us to use computers. Yes; I realize that 5-year-olds now know how to program mobile apps, but these were simpler times. We were tricked into typing on a computer through the allure of a survey about our favorite subject: ourselves. The survey included a decent number of questions (for some reason, 25 pops into my head), all about ourselves: birthdays, height, eye color, favorite foods, favorite subjects in school . . . After every student had completed his or her survey, we received printouts of the surveys, and I think the computer program even did a little bit of match-making, telling us what other students answered the most similarly to us.
This is my first memory of being asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I think we were allowed three answers for this question, and for some reason, one of my answers was an actor. In looking back on this, it has kind of confused me as to why this was one of my answers. I never really pursued it, and I never really felt that I had a passion for it. I don't think I've ever told anyone about that little survey. It might be in a box of things that my parents brought in a recent visit, or it may be gone forever.
I still wouldn't say that I've pursued the acting field, but it kind of fell into my lap earlier this year, when I got the opportunity to work as an extra on the set of ABC's hit show, "Nashville".
Nashville logo
Don't worry. I haven't gone Country (and Country music isn't the only thing on the show, in case you haven't seen it). And (so far!) my "role" on the show is not a musical one. But you can witness my major network acting debut tomorrow night (Wednesday, 2/26) at 10 pm (9 Central) on ABC! I can't say too much, but I play a reporter, and I'm pretty sure that I'll be visible in this episode (number 15). Just don't blink.
If you can be the first one to send me a picture (screen capture, however you want to do it - just make sure that you point out where I am!) of myself on the show (simply attach it to an email and reply to this Newsletter), I'll send you a free digital download sticker for one of my albums! These new stickers, which I mentioned in the last Newsletter, contain a code to download one of my 4 full-length albums. So check out the episode tomorrow night, as my 8-year-old self's dream comes true.
And I'll be in at least a few episodes, so we'll continue the "Where's Jeff Miller?" game over at my facebook page.
***

Loop of the Week

loop of the week logo copyClick here to see the entire Loop of the Week video series.
The Loop of the Week series continues to go strong. In fact, my page used to only get about 150 views a month; it now receives over 4,000 views a month. Thank you for checking out the new videos each week. I hope that the stuff that I'm coming up with is interesting enough to keep you coming back to listen/watch! If you'd like some background music while you're at work, you can choose to play all of the songs, back to back. There's now more than 2 hours of material in the series. We broke the half-year mark a few weeks ago, and this week's video will be #29 when I get to recording it. Subscribe to the page if you want to be sure to catch each new creation.
If you haven't checked the channel out in a while, here are some highlights from the videos that have been created since the last Newsletter:
Christmas Song ("O Come, O Come, Emmanuel")
"Auld Lang Syne"
Some Fast Looping (starting at about 2:30)
Backwards Whistle Looping
Classical Guitar
Rocking Out

***

Show Schedule

I have a few more TN shows before the 2014 SPRING TOUR begins! I am filling in a few holes in that tour, so now's the time to get in touch if you have some suggestions or want me to play a particular venue (even your residence - House Concert?). I have a short string of dates - April 2nd through 4th - that I am specifically hoping to find shows for. The areas that I can consider are: Washington, DC and vicinity; Philadelphia area; New Jersey; central PA.

February Show

Friday, 2/28 - 7:30 pm TOPZ Frozen Yogurt in Hermitage, TN

March Shows

Friday, 3/14 - 7:30 pm TOPZ Frozen Yogurt in Hermitage, TN
Saturday, 3/15 - 6:00 pm Cafe Fontanella
Monday, 3/17 - 11:30 am Einstein Bros. at Austin Peay University in Clarksville, TN
Thursday, 3/20 - 7:00 pm SPRING TOUR Begins at Gillie's in Blacksburg, VA
Friday, 3/21 - 6:30 pm Palisades Restaurant in Eggleston, VA
Saturday, 3/22 - 1:30 pm Lake Junaluska Bookstore in Lake Junaluska, NC
Sunday, 3/23 - 2:00 pm Private House Concert in Forest, VA
Monday, 3/24 - 8:00 pm The White Hart in Lynchburg, VA
Wednesday, 3/26 - 8:30 pm The Neighbors Place in Lynchburg, VA
Friday, 3/28 - 7:00 pm Fredericksburg Songwriters' Showcase in Fredericksburg, VA
Saturday, 3/29 - 1:00 pm Bluemont Vineyard in Bluemont, VA
Saturday, 3/29 - 7:00-ish pm Cristina's Cafe in Strasburg, VA
Sunday, 3/30 - 7:00 pm With Ray Bennett at Caffe Amouri in Vienna, VA
Monday, 3/31 - 7:30 pm Brewer's Alley in Frederick, MD

April Shows

Tuesday, 4/1 - 10:00 pm Vermilion in Alexandria, VA
Saturday, 4/5 - 7:00 pm Standing Stone Coffee Company in Huntingdon, PA
Sunday, 4/6 - 5:00 pm Songwriters' Night at Frederick Coffee Co. in Frederick, MD
Tuesday, 4/8 - 6:30 pm Black Bear Burritos in Morgantown, VA (Downtown location)
Wednesday, 4/9 - 9:00 pm Arsenal Lanes in Pittsburgh, PA / $8 for all you can bowl
Thursday, 4/10 - 5:00 pm Backstage Bar in Theatre Square in Pittsburgh, PA
Thursday, 4/10 - 10:00 pm Duke's Pub & Pizza in Mt. Lebanon, PA
Friday, 4/11 - 7:00 pm Bark at the Moon House Concert in Lisbon, OH
Saturday, 4/12 - 6:00 pm Faith Cafe in Sharon, PA
Sunday, 4/13 - 1:00 pm North Country Brewing Company in Slippery Rock, PA
Monday, 4/14 - 6:30 pm Black Bear Burritos in Morgantown (Evansdale), WV
Tuesday, 4/15 - 11:00 am CCAC Boyce campus in Monroeville, PA
Wednesday, 4/16 - 7:30 pm Skibo Cafe at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA
Friday, 4/18 - 1:30 pm Fundraiser at Wright State University in Dayton, OH
Friday, 4/18 - 7:00 pm Spinoza's in Beavercreek (Dayton), OH
Saturday, 4/19 - 3:00 pm Bruning's Wine in Beavercreek (Dayton), OH
For complete, up-to-date info, please visit JeffMillerOnline.com
See you at the shows!
Jeff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home